Ready to Change the World?
Volunteer In Uganda
WATCH UGANDA FOR HER PROMO VIDEO
We value the sharing and exchange of knowledge. Our Professional Impact Program is open to those who are passionate about a learning approach to service and community-based development, as well as making gender equality a reality.
All volunteers should expect to support the work of our existing staff, involve in field work and also putting the interest of Uganda for Her first. Volunteers can expect to run continuing education workshops for our staff, participate in outreach activities and support our women’s rights programs.
Available Volunteering Positions
Click on the position to learn more
This position involves the following: hands-on teaching about reproductive health and human rights, communication and leadership training, training our young women in different aspects, as well as the administration and general management of the organization. In this way, we aim to give you a better understanding about issues concerning modern development, education, and non-profit organizations.
videographer or filmmaker
We need a videographer or filmmaker to work with our communications team in conceptualizing and producing promotional videos, film and edit videos, document day-to-day work at our partner organizations, and aggregate content and produce high-quality videos for Uganda For Her and partner organizations.
We need a photographer to cover events (including fundraisers, workshops, and trainings), create a bank of photographs capturing the work of Uganda For Her’s portfolio organizations, create photo stories for online platforms (e.g. websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and document day-to-day work at partner organizations.
Marketing, communications or social media professionals
Management of the marketing of the U4Her, its public relations strategy and the delivery of social media campaigns ensuring organisational values, ambitions are goals are achieved. This is a central role responsible for developing and implementing a marketing strategy and related communications including use of social media and newsletter to support
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Desire to support women and girls and making gender equality a reality
- Ability to be flexible, patient and respectful
- Deep passion for women’s rights and empowerment
- Must be able to relocate to Uganda for at least two weeks
- Strong cultural awareness and ability to live in a rural and rustic setting
- Experience working in low resource areas or cross cultural experience an asset
What We Provide
- Pre-departure logistics support and preparation
- Volunteer Handbook
- Fundraising information and resources
- Shared accommodation at Uganda for Her Volunteer House
- Pick up and drop off to the airport (Entebbe International Airport)
- Support from our in-country staff throughout the volunteer placement
- A lasting and deep connection to a wonderful community of staff, interns, volunteers, board members and many others all over the world
Volunteers will be responsible for contributing a $300 USD /week placement fee
A non-refundable deposit of $300 USD is needed to reserve your spot in our Volunteer House. The remaining balance must be paid one month before arrival in Uganda.
Your fees go directly toward supporting our programs and ensuring your volunteer placement is successful.